I hope you are all well and are having a lovely weekend! As it is now an end to another month which seems to have flown by, I thought another favourites post was due! In October I didn’t have that many new products to share with you that I was loving throughout October so I have combined the products that I have been loving in both October and November in one post because I couldn’t not miss a month! I hope you enjoy lovelies…
Over the past few months, I have accumulated quite a few new makeup and skincare products especially as we have just had Black Friday! Although I got a bit too excited and did some damage to my bank account, it was definitely worth the splurge as I managed to pick up quite a few beauty items for a bargain that I have been loving recently!
October & November Favourites:
- Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concelaer in the shade ‘Ivory’ £5.49
- Rimmel London The Only 1 Lipstick in the shade ‘Naughty Nude’ £6.99
- Clean & Clear Deep Action Oil-Free Cream Wash £3.25
- The Body Shop Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade ‘Windsor Rose’ £6.00
- The Body Shop Go For Gold Eyeshadow Quad in the shade ‘Gold Quad’ £15.00
- The first product I have been loving throughout the last few months is the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concelaer. I have mine in the shade ‘Ivory’ as I am sadly pale but they do 4 other shades to choose from also. I have spoken about this concealer on my blog before but for some reason I must have found other concealers that I liked and forgot about this one until a few weeks ago! This concealer as well as the classic ‘Collection Lasting Perfection‘ concealer were hyped about on the internet for quite some time. Since finding a love for it again, it has safely become one of my favourite concealers that I definitely won’t forget about again! I like to use this concealer under my eyes as this concealer has tiny glitter particles that help to ‘wake’ or brighten underneath your eyes to hide any dark circles which I love. I don’t use this however on any blemishes I have as instead of covering them it would make them more visible with the slight shimmer in the concealer. Overall I would definitely recommend you give this a try!
- The next product I have been loving is also from Rimmel and it is their ‘The Only 1 Lipstick‘ in the shade ‘Naughty Nude.’ Rimmel have recently released some new lipsticks that are the same as these but matte in red packaging but when I was having a browse at those I actually preferred their lipsticks that weren’t matte in the black packaging. You all probably know by now how much I love a good matte lippy but I decided to pick up one of their non matte lipsticks in this gorgeous deep pink shade. As soon as I swatched it, I instantly fell in love with it because it is the type of shade I would usually go for but slightly darker at the same time which is perfect for this season which I love! Apart from the actual shade, the lipstick itself is a lovely formula that glides on the lips which is why I am practically addicted to Rimmel lipsticks! If you are looking for a slightly deeper pinky nude lip shade, I would definitely recommend you try this one!
- Moving onto skincare, this ‘Clean & Clear Deep Action Oil-Free Cream Wash‘ has become a key step to my daily skincare routine recently! I have loved Clean & Clear’s moisturiser for some time so I thought I would try out some of their face washes too! I like to use this on a morning or sometimes on an evening after I have taken my makeup off which leaves my skin feeling nice and fresh. This also claims to ‘cleanse deep down to help prevent spots from first use.‘ When I read this on the packaging I didn’t think I would see that much difference from the first use like it claims but I was wrong! Don’t ask me how but this product works wonders on my skin and it definitely does what it claims to do so I couldn’t not mention it in my favourites! I would definitely recommend this face wash to anyone with any skin type because even though it’s oil free, it still works on my skin which isn’t!
- Another lip product I have been wearing a LOT over the past few weeks is ‘The Body Shop Matte Liquid Lipstick’ in the shade ‘Windsor Rose.’ On Black Friday I must have spent all of an hour in The Body Shop gazing at all their amazing deals! I am going to do a blog post dedicated to the bits and pieces I picked up from there but this matte liquid lipstick and the next product I’m going to talk about are two of my favourite things that I picked up! As I mentioned earlier, I love a good matte lip so when I saw that one of my favourite skincare brands does liquid lipsticks in the perfect nude shade, oh my life is all I can say! At this point I didn’t care if everyone was staring at me while I swatched every shade possible on my hand because they were all so lovely! I ended up choosing ‘Windsor Rose’ which is a classic nude shade because you can’t beat a good nude lippy! I have got so much use out of this lipstick already so I would definitely consider picking up some more shades they do! Did I say they also smell amazing? Anyway, would definitely recommend them!!
- Finally, the last product I have been loving is ‘The Body Shop Go For Gold Eyeshadow Quad‘ in the shade ‘Gold Quad’ which I also picked up on Black Friday! I have always loved The Body Shop’s ‘Down To Earth Quad Eye Shadow Palettes’ so when I saw they had a discount on all their palettes for the Black Friday weekend I took the chance to grab one of their latest palettes which have newer packaging while the offer was on! Even though they are no longer on offer they are £15 at full price which I think is quite reasonable for such a gorgeous high quality palette! There was a few shades to choose from but this one was my personal favourite with the gold shimmers and matte brows. I am pretty sure this ‘gold quad’ palette that I purchased is the same or very similar to the original ‘Down To Earth Quad Eye Shadow’ palettes they do in the shade ‘Smoky Gold’ just with newer packaging. I still can’t get over how gorgeous this palette is with the sleek black packaging and the big mirror! I have never tried any of The Body Shop’s palettes before but having now tried this palette, I would definitely consider picking up some more shades they do!Even though this palette is more high-end, you definitely get your moneys worth as this palette has a more high quality feel compared to other drugstore palettes I own. This palette has been my go to eyeshadow look recently as the shades are perfect for the festive season leading up to Christmas and New Year. I also love how versatile this palette is as it’s perfect for everyday wear or a special occasion! Anyway, after my very long explanation as to why this palette is one of my current faves, I would definitely recommend you have a browse at The Body Shop’s palettes because they are just simply too good to resist!
That brings me to the end of my October & November Favourites 2016! Thank you so much for reading as always and I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know in the comments what products you have been loving recently and if you have tried any of the products mentioned in this post as I’d love to know what you think of them!? See you in my next post!
Much Love, Amelia xx