Over Summer, my skin was the best it’s been in a long time (which I’m putting down to the warmer weather) and so I found myself going makeup free more days than I was wearing makeup, which also was also due to the weather purely being too hot to face wearing any! Of course it was too good to be true with the weather getting colder and starting back at college, my skin is back to having its moments. On the whole though, I feel it’s mostly behaving itself bar hormonal breakouts. I think a part of this is that I am continuing to make sure there is one day or the weekend that I don’t wear makeup to give my skin a rest which also aids as a confidence thing whether that be going on a driving lesson or popping to the shops bare faced or with my brows filled in and a lip balm on!
I’d say I go makeup free equally as much as I wear makeup on my Instagram which is definitely boosting my confidence too as you are always so so lovely! Being a part of this community really has helped my confidence and has allowed me to make friends too. In general, it’s so refreshing to see more so than ever recently that Instagram is becoming less of a highlight reel and I’m seeing so much more ‘real life’ on my feed. Just one example has been seeing some amazing gals I follow who have taken part in Lounge’s current campaign for CoppaFeel. I think it’s so important to make sure you aren’t following accounts that make you think or feel negatively and instead follow people who you can relate to who are of a similar body shape and also bodies that look different to yours. Real people in the real world come in all shapes and sizes and your social media should reflect that! If you are repeatedly seeing unrealistic images, you will begin to think that is the ‘norm’ which it definitely isn’t!
Some people doing amazing things who you should be following:
- Tabby (@takeheartuk) – Someone who you should definitely be following if your not already is Tabby from @takeheartuk. She is not only a fellow Yorkshire gal and Christian, but her whole brand is being real and honest which I love. Tabby regularly discusses a wide range of topics on her platform from encouraging people to drop the filters to openly taking about her debt. She is so determined and hardworking which shines through her Instagram and is an inspiration to all. Not to mention her marathon running which she also documents!
- Lauren (@loulabxlle) – Lauren regularly speaks about her battle with acne to help end the stigma, mental health and other important topics on both her blog and Instagram. She also created the hashtag #nofoundationfriday earlier this year which was so inspiring. She is also the queen of thrifting and regularly shows gorgeous items she’s found in charity shops and encourages alternatives to fast fashion. I loved seeing what she wore during #secondhandseptember.
- Jade (@bella.inizio) – Jade is such a joy to follow and isn’t afraid to post photos showing cellulite which is so refreshing and is instead embracing it!
- Taylor (@taylorjaneedit) – Tay was one of the first bloggers I followed and her account remains to be one of my favourites! She’s so down to earth and openly talks about body confidence and past struggles. What you see is what you get with her which I love. I always love seeing her everyday outfits too.
- Abi (@abisblog) & Yasmin (@asliceofchic) – Abi and Yasmin recently created an account ‘@midsizegals‘ where they repost outfit inspo from average sized gals that use the hashtag! I absolutely love both of their accounts too!
There are so many more but I’m going to stop myself before we’re here all day!
I’d love to know your thoughts on this and who your favourite people to follow are at the moment!