A Roundup: This Year So Far

A Roundup: This Year So Far

At the end of last year, I never did a blog post reflecting on my year as although there were a few changes that happened, it was all a bit of a blur and went so quickly. I’ve been thinking about this year so far now we are in March (which is crazy enough) and I’ve decided that I’m going to start a sort of series on here every few months documenting any key events/moments in a roundup that I’ve been keeping note of so I can properly look back and remember when it hits New Year the things that I couldn’t last year. Behind the images, I live a pretty normal life so I’m going to warn you that what I’m about to discuss might not be the most exciting or if anyone will be even interested but we’ll see how it goes…

January and February seem to have flown by with January being a bit slower. If these first months are anything to go by, I have a feeling this year is going to be another pretty fast but good one.

Topshop Beauty Community of Brand Fans

For the first two months of this year, I was part of Topshop’s community of brand fans which has just ended along with some other amazing bloggers which you may have seen from my posts on their products. I still can’t believe a big brand like Topshop actually reached out to lil me. I thoroughly enjoyed creating the content over the two months and seeing everyone else’s too!

Hospital News

A big positive thing was receiving the best possible news at my hospital appointment. I now no longer need to wear a back brace as my curvature degree has miraculously stayed at 45 degrees. (which just doesn’t happen!) I will now go for 6 month checks but as long as I keep up the physio each day I should be able to carry on leading a normal life.

My first pen pal

One of the highlights for me last month was becoming pen pals with the lovely Lucy from Forever September. It’s my first time having a pen pal and I’m thoroughly enjoying writing and keeping in touch. My gran was fond of writing so I feel I’ve found this love from her thanks to Lucy.

Started seeing a new physiotherapist

A change I decided to make recently was to begin to see a new physiotherapist after finding it difficult to keep in contact with the physiotherapist I was previously going to. I’ve been really enjoying a fresh start and learning more manageable exercises for my scoliosis. The physio is also not far and has made me feel so welcome.

Showing myself more

One of my ‘goals’ for this year was to begin to show more of myself so you can put a face to the person behind the blog. I find I connect a lot more with bloggers who I can put a face to so hopefully you now can too. I’ve found my confidence has been boosted since making this change also, your lovely comments are always so appreciated. I’d love to know what you think about my content lately?

How has your 2019 been so far?

Share:

1. March 16, 2019 / 5:02 pm

Congratulations with all your achievements so far! Especially the hospital news! It’s so cool to see how your confidence has grown so far and the content you’ve been producing xx

• March 17, 2019 / 12:27 pm

Aww thank you so much Najida, that really means a lot! xx

2. March 15, 2019 / 5:12 pm

Congratulations about the hospital news! I’m so happy for you, and it sounds like you’ve started off with a great 2019. Here’s hoping that the rest of the year treats you well too!
    Great post!
    Khanak x

• March 17, 2019 / 12:28 pm

Aww thank you so much, that’s so kind! And you! x

3. March 14, 2019 / 7:39 pm

Aww I’ve loved writing to you lovely, so nice to have a new pen pal and getting to know you a bit better. So glad to hear about your back as well, such fab news! I’ve also loved being part of the Topshop community the past two months, been so great hasn’t it?!

Lucy | Forever September

• March 17, 2019 / 12:29 pm

Aw thank you so much Lucy, that really means a lot. Yesss! Loved all of your content x

4. March 13, 2019 / 8:49 am

What great news you received from the hospital! I really hope you continue on the up now ☺️ I loved reading this post and catching up with you. Congrats on working with Topshop. You deserve it! And your content is amazing as always xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

• March 17, 2019 / 12:31 pm

Aww thank you so so much Lauren! Your constant support really means a lot xx

5. March 13, 2019 / 1:17 am

Ahh I love little life posts. Sounds like your year has started fab! I’m so happy about your spine, everything sounds so positive. I hope the rest of your year continues as amazingly. Clare xx | https://www.clayaa.com

• March 17, 2019 / 12:33 pm

Aww thank you so much Clare, that means a lot. I hope your year is going well so far, sending my love xx

6. March 12, 2019 / 11:50 pm

What a fab post! It sounds like you’re having a fab year so far. All of your content with Topshop was fab, it all looked so beautiful. What great news about your hospital appointment too! I hope the rest of the year is even more amazing!xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

• March 17, 2019 / 12:34 pm

Aww thank you so much Hannah, that means so much! Your constant support never goes unnoticed. I hope your year is going well so far! xx

7. Everything Eden
    March 12, 2019 / 7:01 pm

Loved this post so much, so glad you have had a great start to 2019! Can’t wait for more of these xx

• March 17, 2019 / 12:35 pm

Aww thank you so much Eden! I hope your year is going well so far xx

8. March 12, 2019 / 6:09 pm

How exciting that you got to work with Topshop, that’s absolutely amazing and I loved the content you created with them! And that’s such good news about your hospital appointment! I’ve been loving your 2019 content so far lovely and can’t wait to see what you have up your sleeve for the next few months. I hope the next few months are even more amazing for you!xx

• March 17, 2019 / 12:36 pm

Aww thank you so much for this lovely comment Elin and for your constant support. That means so much! I hope your year is going well so far, sending my love xx