Beauty Favourites of 2018

Beauty Favourites of 2018

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I took a little break from posting towards the end of December to spend time with family so I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I can’t believe we are at the start of another year! I feel as though the second half of 2018 just flew by! I have a good feeling about 2019, fingers and everything crossed! Looking back, last year I didn’t actually make very many discoveries in the beauty department and I mainly stuck to what I know works. There were a few gems though that I did find, especially skincare products which I can see myself loving throughout 2019 that I thought I would share seen as though it’s that time again! Some of which I have mentioned previously on here.

The Products:

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel – You may know that towards the end of last year I became a #skinfluencer as part of Dermalogica’s programme through which I have been able to very generously try some of their amazing products which has changed my whole perspective on skincare. I did a full in depth blog post on the products I have tried so far so I won’t go into too much detail but the Special Cleansing gel is by far my favourite along with the Skin Smoothing Cream. It mainly works on removing impurities without disturbing the skin’s natural moisture balance which I’m finding amazing for my dry skin. It works on all skin types and is ideal for sensitive skin.

Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream – Especially in the colder weather we are having (which is set to get worse!) this moisturiser has definitely been a skin saviour. It moisturises and balances combination/ dry skin which also helps to create a great base. A small amount goes a long way and it isn’t too heavy so I can see myself carrying on using this in the Summer months too.

Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Foundation – This is another product I have previously mentioned in a review which I tested when Makeup Revolution released the foundation form of their Conceal and Define Concealer a few months ago. This foundation wowed the beauty community including myself which I’m continuing to repurchase! Just like the concealer, this foundation is full coverage but feels light and breathable on the skin. The formula is oil free and creamy that dries down demi matte. It’s also paraben free, oil free, cruelty free, vegan and has an amazing shade range of 24 shades. (I use the shade ‘F2’.) It also lasts well over the course of the day.

Phase Zero Makeup Matte Liquid Lipstick in the shade ‘Pink Suede’ – I have finally found my perfect pinky nude lip with this product. It lasts well on the lips and is nice and affordable at £6.

Revolution Pro Brow Pomade – The formula of this pomade is so creamy which makes it easy to apply. It lasts me ages too without drying out! For £5 you can’t go wrong! (I use the shade ‘medium brown.’)

PS… Primark Single Eyeshadow – I picked up this eyeshadow when I was in Primark at Christmas for £1.50 and it’s surprisingly so pigmented! This one is in the shade ‘dusk’ which is gorgeous.

And that’s it! I hope you have an amazing New Year! What were your favourite products of 2018?

Share:

1. January 12, 2019 / 10:33 am

I love that dermologica cleansing gel and I love the pre-cleanse too, they’re definitely becoming my fave skincare products! I really want to try that foundation and concealer from makeup revolution it sounds so good and so affordable too. Can’t wait to see what content you create this year Amelia!

Ellie x

• January 12, 2019 / 11:59 am

Aren’t they amazing! Ahh definitely, the concealer does run out quite quickly but the foundation is fab! Aww thank you Ellie, and you! xx

2. January 11, 2019 / 6:38 pm

I’ve actually got the concealer. I have to buy lots as my daughter goes through it like it’s going out of fashion. I find it a little thin in consistency but that might be just me! I love the Dermalogica range, definitely an old favourite brand. Gorgeous pics! x

Samatha | thebeautyspyglass.com

• January 12, 2019 / 12:02 pm

Aww haha, the concealer does run out quite quickly doesn’t it! I found myself forever repurchasing it too which is why I no longer use it but I love the foundation form. Yes definitely! Thank you lovely as always xx

3. January 11, 2019 / 4:00 am

I seriously need to try Dermalogica products! But currently trying to do the whole bit where I don’t buy new beauty stuff unless I finish something.

• January 11, 2019 / 9:45 am

Aw haha, they’re amazing! X

4. Lauren Brooker
    January 10, 2019 / 10:25 am

So many gorgeous picks! I think I need to try the Makeup Revolution conceal and define foundation as I love the concealer. I’m just more of a dewy finish kind of girl but I’m looking for something more full coverage so maybe it is time to go for something more matte x

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

• January 10, 2019 / 4:07 pm

Thank you Lauren!! Ahh definitely, let me know if you end up giving it a go! xx

5. Lisa Autumn
    January 10, 2019 / 10:01 am

beaut products babe! I just loved everything from CT this year!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

• January 10, 2019 / 4:06 pm

Thank you Lisa! Ooo lovely, I’ve still never tried anything from CT! They always look so stunning x

• January 10, 2019 / 4:05 pm

Ahh definitely, they’re amazing! x

6. January 10, 2019 / 12:20 am

Happy New Year Amelia, I hope you had a fab 2018 and a happy 2019! Totally don’t blame you for taking time off at the end of last year either. Glad to see you back though! I’ve heard some great things about Phase Zero and that liquid lipstick looks like such a gorgeous colour xx

Hannah | luxuryblush

• January 10, 2019 / 4:04 pm

Thank you so much Hannah! Happy New Year to you too! Hope you are having a wonderful start to 2019! It’s so pretty xx

7. January 7, 2019 / 2:41 pm

I have to check this Primark eyeshadow, it looks amazing! Loved this post x

New Lune | http://new-lune.com

• January 7, 2019 / 3:04 pm

Thank you so much lovely! Ahh definitely, they’re so pretty! x

8. January 5, 2019 / 8:27 pm

Dermalogica were a firm favourite brand of mine in 2018, so many amazing products! Might have to check out the Revolution Brow Pomade, sounds so good for the price!

Lucy | Forever September

• January 6, 2019 / 3:19 pm

Aren’t they amazing! Ahh definitely, it’s so good! I much prefer the revolution pro pomade to the makeup revolution one. Thank you for reading Lucy xx

9. Everything Eden
    January 5, 2019 / 5:21 pm

Such a great post, gorgeous photos. I love the Revolution Pro brow pomade too, it’s the best! Xx

• January 5, 2019 / 6:01 pm

Thank you so much lovely, isn’t it fab! So affordable too xx

• January 5, 2019 / 5:52 pm

Ahh definitely! They’re so affordable too! Thank you for reading lovely xx

10. January 3, 2019 / 10:14 pm

I love the look of all these products Amelia! I’m dying to try the dermalogica skincare

• January 4, 2019 / 10:42 am

Thank you Soph! I’m so lucky I’ve gotten the chance to try them, they’re amazing! x

11. January 3, 2019 / 11:02 am

All these sound amazing, I definitely need to go on a cheeky little beauty/makeup spending spree! I’ve heard such great things about revolution products but I’ve never tried any so they’re definitely on my list this year. Loved reading as always Amelia xx

• January 3, 2019 / 12:58 pm

Yesss! Ahh definitely, they’re amazing! Let me know if you do, thank you so much Elin xx

12. January 2, 2019 / 10:57 pm

Ooo, I really want to try the Primark single eyeshadow as I’ve heard such good things about them but they don’t stock it in my near by Primark. Loved the post x

• January 3, 2019 / 12:57 pm

Oh no that’s such a shame! I got this one while I was in the big store in Edinburgh so I’m not sure if they would be in my Primark at home, fingers crossed they’ll get some in! If only Primark was online haha! Thank you so much as always xx

• January 3, 2019 / 1:03 pm

Hopefully! I wish they were online too. Have a lovely day xx

13. January 2, 2019 / 7:06 pm

Loved this post! I’ve heard so many people rave about the Revolution foundation and concealer, I think I’ll have to try it this year (when I can get my hands on the right shade!). I looked at that eyeshadow and I was expecting you to say that it was high end – totally doesn’t look like it would be from Primark! xx

• January 3, 2019 / 12:53 pm

Thank you lovely! So pleased you enjoyed! Ahh definitely, let me know if you do! It’s amazing! Aw haha it really doesn’t does it! So impressed for the price, it’s so pretty xx