Looking for something?

Reader Interactions

Comments

1. Thebeautyspyglass says

This post is right up my street! I watch and follow Martin Lewis too, his tips and advice are fab! I really put more thought into my gift buying this year instead of buying all sorts of nik naks that people don’t really want, or need. I felt so much happier about it and wrapped them ethically too. It’s so silly to get into debt just for the sake of buying gifts for others as you say. x

Samantha | https;//thebeautyspyglass.com

• Rosetintedpics says

I’m so pleased you enjoyed Samantha! Ahh fab, I went for the ethical wrapping approach this year too. Loved the blog post you did on it! Exactly, so glad you felt happier xx

2. Lauren Brooker says

This is such an important topic! You’re so right. Christmas should be about spending time together and making memories. I think gifts are a great way show someone you love them but I’ve never been one who’s wanted lavish gifts or even to buy people expensive gifts. I think more thought out sentimental gifts are the way forward! Great post lovely xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

3. Anu says

I agree! Christmas is about spending time with those important to you, not about gifts! I’ve always bought things that I know the person needs. This year I don’t even have gifts for everyone because when I’ve asked, they’ve said that they don’t need anything. This is also why I’ve always thought that gift cards make a good gift. Everyone has their favourite shop or service they use so it’s really easy to buy something that person likes! Xx

Anu | Based On blog

4. Everything Eden says

Omg this post is so true, all the adults in my family do a secret Santa and just all get gifts for the kids and I think that’s a really good way of doing it. There is no need to make present bios in stressful, buy because you want to and don’t feel pressured to. There are so many other way to show appreciation! Xx

5. Life As Najida says

Totally agree! I personally do not celebrate Christmas but, I’ve seen my friends be so worried about christmas presents due to how much they need to spend. Loved this post x

• Rosetintedpics says

Thank you Najida! Oh no, it definitely needs to change! Now I’m at college me and my friends aren’t sending gifts to each other, but I remember when we were at school when we did and it can be difficult. Perhaps they could do a secret santa with a low budget to help xx

6. Clayaa says

It’s so true! Being a poor student I set budgets and only buy stuff within that budget, and my family normally spend similar amounts on each other, I never thought of it in a way that we’re only getting stuff of equally value. It’s sad that some people just buy gifts for the sake of it but at the same time I think when I buy presents I always think about if they’d like it or not, I hate buying pointless presents that I know people won’t like 🙂 Clare xx | https://www.clayaa.com

• Rosetintedpics says

Thank you so much for reading Clare! I’m the same too! Love student life haha. My family tries to limit how much we spend on each too so it doesn’t get expensive. Yes! I always try to shop for the person with them in mind xx

7. Cheila Belinda Cruz says

Definitely. We are no longer big shoppers at all. Not for Christmas, nor ever. We try to just buy a little something for everyone that we’re close with and when I say a little something I mean no more than 5-10€. We don’t buy presents for each for Christmas, only for our birthdays. It amazes me how some people spend the whole year saving for Christmas or get in debt to buy gifts. To each their own but we don’t live like that. Great post 😊