HAPPY NEW YEAR’S EVE BEAUTS! Before I get started, I hope you all had the most amazing Christmas to those who celebrate and have had a lovely month in general spent with family and friends or however you celebrated it! After a short break from blogging and eating one too many chocolates during Christmas time, I thought for the last blog post of this year, I would do a bit of a roundup post of 2017, like I’m sure you will have seen other bloggers doing lately. I have chosen 17 moments/events in 2017 to remember and look back on in the future which has made my year because 2017 has definitely been A YEAR. Even though it seems to have flown by to the point where I’m struggling to believe it really is going to be next year in a few hours, a heck of a lot has happened, good and bad but here are some of my fave moments that I won’t forget…
(Also I know the photos in this post are on an angle even though my camera was on a tripod, not quite sure what happened there..)
1. Reaching 800 blog followers – I still can’t get over the fact that there is almost now 850 of you subscribed to my blog! When I first started blogging back in 2016, I had no clue if anyone would want to read my blog, so this definitely was and still is up there in one of the best moments this year. It literally blows my lil’ mind, I can’t thank you enough for the support this year!
2. Going self hosted- Another blog related thing this year was I took the big ass leap to go self hosted! This was something totally alien to me at the time which I never thought I would be able to do, but somehow I did it and I have never looked back since making the jump and to have more freedom with the theme, customisation etc.
3. Starting my final school year- HELL TO THE YES. This year I *finally* started my last year of school which comes with a tone of mock exams and GCSE’s to work towards to but at the same time, I cannot wait to leave now it’s getting down to only a few months left after 5 years!
4. Getting a place at college- Woohoo! Just recently I was offered a place at the college I applied to which I’m over the moon about. I am finally going to be able to study the subjects I’ve always wanted to do which are media studies, photography and english language.
5. Visiting new places- This year I was lucky enough to go to Menorca and Centre Parcs this year in Summer which was another highlight. To be in the sun 24/7 in Spain compared to Britain made a lovely change and to spend quality time with my family.
6. Brand opportunities – This year I have had some amazing opportunities of working with some wonderful brands such as Beauty Blender and So..? Fragrance which again I never thought in a million years I would be doing on my blog. I still can’t get over the fact that a brand would want to work with me. Every time a package arrives, I still don’t believe it! Working with brands never came into mind when I started blogging and to get free products etc but this year the brand opportunities I have had has really boosted my confidence and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with them.
7. Becoming a brand ambassador for Botanics- This leads me onto my next event of this year which was becoming a brand ambassador for Botanics at Boots! I remember the day I got the email, not quite believing it. The team and community at Botanics has been and are so lovely and supportive to the ambassadors and I am really enjoying working with them on their #theplantone campaign.
8. Being one of the top 25 Botanics ambassadors for August- This was a huge achievement for me and was so lovely for members each month to get a little something as a reward for their work. Congrats to all the other lovely bloggers in the campaign too!
9. Surviving year 11 mocks- Although I still have some mock exams to go, I managed to survive mock week where we were literally in the hall everyday, all day doing exams. I am certainly not looking forward to doing it alll again.
10. My photography- I have really gotten more into my photography this year. Instead of just taking product shots, I have loved taking my camera out places in the different seasons and experimenting more with it.
11. Buying my very own camera- One of the best purchases of the year was investing in my own camera (olympus pen e-pl8). Although it was a lotta money, it has been worth every penny as I have been able to take it out places in my handbag etc and in general I am enjoying the freedom of having my own camera which has also hopefully improved my photos.
12. Getting Invisalign braces- With me facing wearing a back brace due to my scoliosis this year, my parents very kindly agreed that they would pay for me to have Invisalign braces rather than the wired type to make things easier. If anyone is thinking of getting them, I would definitely recommend them and go for it as they are amazing once you get used to them. Getting teeth braces was another thing that I wasn’t really looking forward to seen as all my friends were getting theirs taken off, as I was just getting mine but these braces have made a huge difference.
13. Changing my hair for once- This might seem a bit of an odd one, but this year I decided to grow my straight hair out from being shoulder length and to have a bit of a change so I can now curl it and do a bit more with it!
14. My love for makeup- This year my love for makeup has definitely grown even more so than last year and I have definitely learnt a lot more about it compared to the me in 2016 who wasn’t wearing the correct shade concealer honey.
15. Getting my GCSE French- It may be one GCSE but earlier on this year in year 10 I got my French GCSE which is one less for me to do this year! YAYY.
16. Receiving Christmas cards from you guys- I received the most lovely christmas cards from some of my blogging gals this year which I was so touched by! Thank you girlies!
17. This Christmas in general- Although I say each Christmas was the best christmas every year, I had the best Christmas time this year and I have loved spending time with my family. Although close to Christmas I came down with a viral infection (yippee) it meant that I had some time off to help my mum write her christmas cards etc which was nice.
Here’s to the New Year!
I hope you all have THE most fab new year filled with joy and happiness lovelies! Thank you again for your love and support this year, it really does mean the world!
Make sure to let me know your favourite moments of 2017 in the comments!