What better way to make your cosy autumn evenings catching up on your fave TV show sat by the fire more delicious than munching on a rather delish choc chip cookie?? (or two…) Especially when bake offs on! I thought I would have a go at making them the other afternoon and trust me, this recipe is SO quick, easy and most importantly fun to make which are the perfect (admittedly slightly unhealthy) snack which I’ve been craving ever since. They are soo good! For me, a cookie has to be gooey and a decent size (no messing around here guys & gals) and these definitely tick those boxes! It was my first time having a bash at baking these and I would definitely bake them again! The recipe also requires very little ingredients to make so no fancy expensive ingredients are needed! Let me know if you do, I promise you will not regret it!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- 75g/30z Margarine
- 75g/30z Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Few Drops of Vanilla Essence
- 150g/60z Self Raising Flour
- 100g/40z Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4.
- Start by creaming the margarine a sugar together in a bowl until the ingredients are combined.
- Beat in the egg and a few drops of vanilla essence/extract.
- Stir in the flour until combined then add your chocolate chips.
- Place in medium spoonfuls on greased baking trays. At this point you can make your cookies whatever size you want from small mini cookies to regular ones like I did. It’s totally up to you!
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. These don’t take long to bake at all so make sure to keep an eye on them in the oven!
- Finally, once the cookies have cooled down, remove them off the baking trays, and enjoy!!
VOILA- as simple as that! Thank you so much for reading as always and I hope you enjoyed seeing how to bake these super quick and easy chocolate chip cookies! Like I said, these require very little time to do and are so simple to make so if you fancy doing a bit of baking this weekend, these are the perfect treat that everyone can enjoy! Or just yourself? Same.
See my other bakes —> HERE