I hope you are all well and are having a lovely weekend! A few days ago Gabriella Lindley aka Gabbie created a new tag over on her YouTube channel which you can see HERE. The tag involves sharing the 10 items that you would save in a fire if you were in that situation which will hopefully never happen! I thought I would switch it up this week and instead of doing a usual beauty post, I would do the tag for myself as a blog post and do a more relaxed, chatty post! I hope you enjoy my lovelies…
10 Things I Would Save In A Fire:
- My phone and phone charger
- My SD cards
- Photo albums
- Cosy socks
- My Makeup bag
- Things I did when I was younger (paintings/drawings etc)
- A lip balm
- A blanket
- My purse
- My family & Pets
- The first item I would save is my phone and phone charger which I am counting as one which hopefully isn’t cheating but there would be no point in taking my phone once it ran out of battery so they sort of go together! I think this one is pretty logic but my phone would definitely be one of the first things I grabbed because it has so many photos and memories stored on it plus I could still blog from my phone which is also very important for me so don’t worry everyone even if I was living on the streets if my house burnt down, I would still be making blog posts! I decided that I wouldn’t take my laptop so this would be my only technological item.
- The next thing I would take are my SD cards as they also have stored on them so many photos from family holidays etc that I would be devastated to loose!
- This also brings me onto the next item which would be my photo albums. I don’t have any photos from when I was younger on my phone or SD cards as the photos are from more recent years so I would take my photos albums which have all my baby photos in which are sentimental. I promise I’m not only saving my photos!!
- The next item I would save would be my cosy socks. I have raynaud’s disease which means my feet are always cold so I would have to make sure I took some fluffy socks to keep my feet warm!
- At this point I’m half way there and I am probably frantically running round my house trying to save my possessions but if I had time I would grab my makeup bag. As I wouldn’t be able to take all my makeup in my makeup draw, the only items of makeup I would have would be the ones in my makeup bag which are the items I use on an everyday basis which means although my Kylie lip kits and everything else would get burned, at least I would have a few essential products that are the ones I use most!
- In one of my storage units in my bedroom, the bottom draw is full of things I did from when I was younger like paintings/drawings/art books and the things that I did on my first day of school all those years ago! I have kept all of them safe till now so I couldn’t leave them behind. Even though most of the paintings are messy splodges and the drawings aren’t exactly Leonardo da Vinci, they are nice to still have and I enjoyed art in school! In the future I am going to try to scrapbook everything instead of having random bits of work in my draw but anyway, I would take those!
- Although I would survive without a lip balm, my lips tend to get dry very easily so although this would probably be included in my makeup bag, I would definitely take a lip balm with me! At the moment I have been loving this Carmex Lip Balm Moisture Plus Sheer Tint in the shade ‘Peach’ which I have mentioned on my blog before but it works wonders!
- The next thing I would take is a blanket or a throw because it would come in very handy to sleep in or to keep me warm in general.
- Another thing I would save would be my purse because at least then I would have some money to pay for food etc.
- Finally the last thing I would save would be my family which is a bit of an obvious one but I could never leave them behind and they are more important that all the previous things that I have mentioned on a more serious note rather than some socks or a lip balm!
That brings me to the end of this weeks post! Thank you so much for reading as always and I hope you enjoyed this post even though it is a bit different to what I would usually do! Anyone is welcome to do this tag so if you do, make sure to let me know as I will be interested to see what you would save!
Much Love, Amelia xx