I hope you are all well and for those who were off last week, I hope you had an amazing week! As Spring is just around the corner and the weather has been surprisingly sunny in Britain, I thought I would share with you the makeup look I have been wearing pretty much every day recently for Spring! This makeup look is nice and simple because I am by no means an expert at makeup and I wanted to make it simple using mainly drugstore products so anyone can re create this look! I hope you enjoy my lovelies…
Makeup Products I’m Going To Be Using…
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade ‘Fair’-£4.19
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in the shade ‘Ivory’-£5.49
- Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit in the shade ‘Fair’-£4.99
- Benefit Cream Eyeshadow in the shade ‘r.s.v.p. sparkling champagne’-£15.50 singularly or £24.50 in Easiest Nudes Ever Palette
- Tanya Burr Soft Luxe Eyeshadow Palette in the shade ‘Birthday Suit’-£5.99
- Benefit BROWVO! Conditioning Eyebrow Primer-£23.50
- Benefit Gimmie Brow Volumising Eyebrow Gel-£20.00
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara Mini-£9.95
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade ‘Stockholm’-£5.50
1. After moisturising my skin, first for the base of the makeup look I like to take the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on any blemishes I have and blend that in with my Real Techniques Expert Concealer Brush. I have mine in the shade ‘Fair‘ as I am sadly pale but they also do a few other shades for darker skin tones. I don’t think I need to go into why I love this concealer so much because it was hyped about for a very long time in the beauty world. Everyone including me seems to love this concealer and for the price, you can’t go wrong! I haven’t yet found a concealer that is good enough to replace this as it has such a good coverage and lasts all day without looking cakey or patchy. As I have dry skin, I find concealer tends to cling to the dry patches on my face which is very annoying but this one doesn’t seem to do that which is a bonus!
2. Next I take the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in the shade ‘Ivory’ and pop that under my eyes to brighten them and make them appear more awake. I just simply blend this in with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge that gives you a nice flawless finish. I have been using these two concealers for what seems like a very long time now and I never get tired of using them! Although some people say that the lightest shade ‘Ivory’ isn’t light enough, I find that it works fine for me as I find it a struggle to find concealers that match my skin perfectly.
3. To finish the base, I have been loving the Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit recently. The contour kit contains a bronzer and highlighter that are nice and easy to blend that gives you a natural glow and bronze, perfect for this time of year. I like to apply the bronzer to the hollows of my cheeks with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and the highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones with my Real Techniques Angled Highlighter Brush and that’s my base finished! Also can you tell how much I love Realtechniques makeup brushes??
- Recently I have been using the Benefit Cream Eyeshadow in the shade ‘r.s.v.p. sparkling champagne‘ and packing that all over the lid with my fingers to create a base. I got this eyeshadow in the Benefit Easiest Nudes Ever Palette but you can also buy them singularly. This is such a gorgeous pink shimmery champagne shade that works well for the base of the eyeshadow as it doesn’t crease. Cream eyeshadows are great to pop on if you are in a hurry and they create a quick and easy eye look! After applying the cream eyeshadow I like to take the Tanya Burr Soft Luxe Eyeshadow Palette in the shade ‘Birthday Suit‘ as this contains some beautiful matte browns and shimmers that work well with the cream eyeshadow and the natural eye look vibe we are going for.
- As you can tell I have used this palette so much that I am almost hitting pan on some shades so a re purchase will definitely be happening soon!! First I take the shade ‘Toast‘ which is a light matte brown and place that in the crease with my Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush (surprise surprise). Any matte brow that you have will work just fine!
- I then like to take the shade ‘Soft Truffle‘ which is a darker matte brown and lightly place that again in the crease focusing on the outer corners of my eyes to add a bit of definition using the same brush even though a clean brush would be better but hey ho you’ve got to break the rules sometimes!
- Finally I take the shade ‘Marzipan‘ in the centre of my lid with my Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. I don’t like to apply too much of this as the look already has some shimmer from the cream eyeshadow but you can add as much or as little until your heart is content! I then take the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush in the crease to make sure everything is nice and blended and there are no harsh lines.
- For my brows I take the Benefit BROWVO! Conditioning Eyebrow Primer and brush that through my brows which helps the eyebrow gel or whatever eyebrow product you are using on top to stick to your brows better and last longer while also conditioning your brows at the same time.
- I then apply the Benefit Gimmie Brow Volumising Eyebrow Gel to my brows. The gel contains tiny microfibres that attach to your skin and brow hairs which makes them look fuller , filling in sparse areas while still looking natural which I love. I use the brush to apply the product to my brows and then I use the tip to shape them. I have been loving this brow combination but as you can tell by the price these products don’t come cheap so if you are after a cheaper alternative, I think the NYX Tinted Brow Mascara is a pretty similar product. If you have tried it, please let me know your opinions as when my Benefit one runs out I don’t think my bank will appreciate me spending £20 on another one even though it is an amazing product!
LIPS AND EYES
- For mascara I have been using the Benefit They’re Real Mascara recently. I like to apply the mascara to my top and bottom lashes which adds great volume to my lashes which I love. I only have the mini size as the full size is again a bit of a splurge but I also would love to try Rollerlash by Benefit as I’ve heard so many great things about it!?
- Finally for lips, this NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade ‘Stockholm‘ is the perfect peachy nude for Spring time. At the moment I have been wearing nude lipsticks (see my previous post HERE for more info) but this shade is a bit brighter than a nude but not too bold which is why I love it so much. I must admit, I am quite safe when it comes to lip shades and I don’t often step out of my nude lip comfort zone but this still adds a pop of colour to the overall look.
That brings me to the end of my Spring Makeup Look 2017! Thank you so much for reading as always and I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know if you have tried any of the products mentioned in this post as I’d love to know your thoughts on them also or what you are most looking forward to about Spring??
Much Love, Amelia xx