As it is now officially Autumn aka my all time favourite season, I thought I would share with you the makeup look that I have been wearing recently for this time of year. As we are moving away from Summer and the bright pink lips, I have been going for more of a coppery gold eye with either a nude, red or berry toned lip. All the products I’m using are drugstore so anyone can recreate this look! The lovely people over at Seventeen sent me another package a few weeks ago containing a few of their products marked with an * so now I have had chance to try everything out I can tell you what I think of them! I hope you enjoy lovelies…
- First I like to take the Seventeen Skin Wow! concealer under my eyes to conceal any dark circles to brighten up my eyes and on any blemishes I might have. This concealer is a new addition to my makeup draw and after trying it out I absolutely love it! I find it difficult to have concealers that are the right shade for me as I am quite pale so when I found that this was the PERFECT shade for me and the formula was lovely it was an instant winner! I have mine in the shade ‘fair.’ This concealer can also be used to highlight across your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose, cupids bow, inner corner of the eyes and brow bone for a natural glow which is fab also! I am also obsessed with the gold packaging and the unique applicator design!
2. Next I take the Seventeen Easy On The Eyes palette in ‘birthday suit’ which has some gorgeous pinks, golds and copper shades ranging from matte, shimmer and pearl powders, and three metallic creams. This palette also includes an eye primer with a dual ended applicator brush, mirror and a get the look guide for extra inspiration! This palette is great as it has natural, neutral shades but with a bit of shimmer at the same time so you have a wide range of finishes to choose from! You may or may not know that I have an obsession with rose gold and copper so to me having a palette dedicated to those shades…I’m in heaven! Seventeen also do a more bolder palette ‘The Big Smoke‘ which is exactly the same as this one but with different shades if you prefer a more smokey evening look!
- First I like to take the eyeshadow primer and place that all over the lid to prime them for the eyeshadow. I never used to bother with a primer but after using the one that comes in the palette, trust me it makes all the difference!
- I then take the lightest matte shade in ‘ivory‘ and place that all over the lid and in the inner corners of my eyes. You could also take this on your brow bone too!
- Next it’s time to add a bit of shimmer! You can’t do an Autumn makeup look without adding a bit of gold so ‘radiant gold‘ is the perfect shade to add in the crease keeping it lighter in the inner corner, blending darker towards the outer corner. If you are in a hurry and just want a super quick and easy eye look the cream eyeshadows are great for popping all over the lid and you’re good to go!
- Finally I like to take ‘sun kissed peach‘ in the centre of the lid to finish off the look! You can create so many different looks using this palette but this look is what I’ve been going for recently!
3. For mascara I’m still loving the classic Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara! I can understand why it was raved about so much on the Internet because I never get tired of using it! It’s just an all-round great mascara that I am forever obsessed with! If you haven’t yet tried it out, I would definitely recommend it!
4. Moving onto brows I have been loving Maybelline’s brow kit that comes with a double ended brush, a tinted wax, eyebrow shade and a highlighter! This is such a handy kit that works wonders on my brows! I got my brow palette in the shade ‘Soft Brown’ but I believe they do other shades too. I have been using my eco tools brow brush to fill in my brows recently which I have been loving. I never thought I’d say this as you all know how much I’m a Real Techniques fan but I think I actually prefer this brush to my Real Techniques brow brush! (Let me know if you’d like a full review of the EcoTools brushes down below!) Anyway, after my ramble if you didn’t have a specific brow brush the one that comes in the kit is equally as fab to use!
- To start off I ‘sculpt’ my brows using the tinted wax to lightly fill in my brow and start to form the shape I want. I do this by applying the wax in short strokes. I love the fact this wax is tinted rather than just a clear one as you could just use the wax alone for a more natural look.
- Next I take the shade in the middle and fill in my brows.
- Finally I ‘sweep’ the highlighter below my brow bone arch with my finger or an eyeshadow brush. I didn’t used to highlight my brow bone, but now I do I’ve noticed it makes such a difference to the overall look! The shade blends beautifully to create a subtle highlight.
5. I never really got into the whole contouring craze until a few weeks ago when Seventeen very kindly sent me their ‘instant glow bronzing powder.‘ It’s amazing how just one product can transform the whole makeup look! Bronzing my skin is now a key step to my makeup routine in the hope that it makes me look a bit less pale! I love the fact that this product is very buildable and gives you such a lovely natural bronze without being to harsh. I like to lightly dust this on the cheekbones with my RealTechniques’expert face brush‘ which is perfect for contouring as it’s an angled brush! I also love the inprinted pattern on the bronzer! ( I have linked all the brushes I use above.)
6. Nyx is one of my fave makeup brands and their soft matte lip creams…no words can describe how much I flipping love them! When I was in town a few days ago I popped into Boots and of course went to the Nyx counter which was very crowded but I managed to pick up another one of their soft matte lip creams in ‘Stockholm‘ which I have fallen in love with! I have been wearing it none stop since! As I only own their brighter shades of these I was after a more nude shade for Autumn. I was torn between this and ‘Abu Dhabi‘ as they were both very similar but I decided to go for this one! It is such a lovely, wearable nude shade for this season to finish the look.
These are also nice and affordable so if you have a Nyx counter nearby in your local Boots or if you are passing I’d definitely recommend these! I much prefer the formula of these to an ordinary matte lipstick because they feel so much nicer on the lips and last for a good amount of time too! I am all about the matte lip but I must say after wearing matte lip products my lips do suffer as they get dry very easily so for me these are fab!! I will definitely be picking up a few more shades of these throughout the year!
That brings me to the end of my ‘Autumn Makeup Look.‘ Thankyou so much for reading as always and I hope you enjoyed this post despite me rambling on! Comment below what your favourite makeup product is for Autumn and I’ll see you in my next post,
Much love, Amelia xx