The other day I was shopping in Superdrug and an offer on Realtechniques instantly dragged me to the isle. If you have been around Rosetintedpics for a while you will know that I have an obsession with Realtechniques makeup brushes by Sam and Nic Chapman, two of my favourite people! I had been looking for a new concealer brush for a while so when their limited edition ‘ultimate base set’ was 1/3 price which includes the deluxe concealer brush, miracle complexion sponge and expert face brush it was going in my basket!
This was priced from £20.99 to £13.99 with the offer!! This set also includes a pouch to put your brushes in with an a mirror which is perfect for on the go!
While I was at the Realtechniques stand I also came across their ‘brush cleansing palette’ which I thought would really make cleaning my brushes a lot more easier! It is designed so you can slip your hand into the palette. The palette also comes with two free samples of their makeup brush cleansing gel which was a bonus! This was priced at £12.99 Anyway, after my ramble I just wanted to say that buying these products inspired me to share with you how I like to clean my makeup brushes now I have the proper equipment and routine! I hope you enjoy…
(If you have any questions about what brushes are featured in this post don’t hesitate to ask below in the comments! I will link the Ultimate Base Set and the Brush Cleansing Palette below.)
On the back of the packaging it gives you information on how to use the palette. The small dots are for your smaller brushes (eyes etc), the cross-shaped dots are for your medium-sized brushes (concealer etc) and the bigger dots are for your larger brushes (powder etc.)
‘Great makeup application starts with a clean brush. The brush cleansing palette helps sweep away makeup, oil, and impurities from bristles to give you truer, more consistent color application.’
– performance-grade silicone: lightweight and ergonomically designed to fit comfortably over your hand
-exclusive multi-textured surfaces: designed to gently work between the bristles for enhanced deep cleansing.
I am no expert but from having given this a go I can agree with those points!
Onto the ‘how I clean my brushes‘ part…
- Add a drop of baby shampoo or the sample of the cleansing gel onto the palette with warm water, make sure the water isn’t too hot.
2. Rinse your brush in the warm water and swirl it in circular motions in the right dots of the palette depending on the size of your brush. Yes this part can get a little disgusting but the end result is so satisfying!!
3. Rinse your brush under the tap and repeat this process until your brushes are squeaky clean!
4. Dry your brushes off with a clean towel then lay them on it facing downwards. I like to roll my towel at the end to make it slanted. All you have to do now if leave them to dry! Laying your brushes faced down is very important as if you lay them upwards you could damage the glue inside that holds the hairs together.
That brings me to the end of how I clean my makeup brushes! I just wanted to say a bit of background information about my cleaning routine…
-I like to clean my brushes once every week, but it’s up to you how often you clean them depending on how often you use them. Cleaning your brushes is very important though so I hope I have shown you a quick and easy guide!
-You don’t need to splash out on expensive equipment but I would recommend this palette! Just some rubber gloves,baby shampoo will be fine and a plastic plate. (which is what I used to do!) I will never look back thought after using this cleaning palette!
Thankyou so much for reading as always and I hope you enjoyed this different type of post! If you have any questions like I said about anything mentioned in this post I will try my best to answer your questions! See you in my next post,
Shop Realtechniques-Official Website