Today I’m going to be sharing with you my go to Spring makeup look that has been my everyday makeup look recently. I’m also going to combine this post with the ‘How Much Is My Face Worth Tag’ as this is what makeup I wear on an everyday basis. I was going to do this as a whole separate post, but I just figured this way would be easier! I have tried mainly to make this a drugstore look so you can all have the opportunity of recreating it!
Also before I start, please can I just stress how sorry I am if some of the product packaging looks a bit messy, I do apologise! I try to prevent it from happening but the product always seems to come out!! With my ramble out of the way, let’s get started…
- First I take my favourite concealer in the whole wide world which is ‘Collection Lasting Perfection‘ I have mine in the shade ‘fair’ as I am sadly on the paler side! I just simply pop this on any blemishes I might have and it covers them up wonderfully! This can look slightly cakey but it is a high coverage and for a drugstore product I think it is definitely worth the hype! This is priced at £4.19.
- Moving onto my next concealer, I then take my ‘Rimmel Wake Me Up‘ concealer in the shade ‘Ivory’ which again is the lightest shade you can get. The clues in the name but I use this underneath my eyes to brighten and almost ‘wake’ them up! When I was first trying out this product, I used it to cover up blemishes. This is fine but for me as it has glitter in it for the brightening purpose, it didn’t really cover the blemishes, it made them stand out! Don’t be put off by this as it can look totally fine if you use it for spots, this is just my personal opinion. This is priced at £5.49.
3. Next I move on to my eyes. I’ve been finding myself reaching out for my ‘Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette‘ in the shade ‘Nude bronze.’ I love this palette so much as I find all of the shades very wearable. The shades are also highly pigmented and are easy to blend. This is priced at £3.99.
First, I take the first shade ‘ Ivory’ and place this all over my lid as a base then in the inner corner to brighten my eyes. I then take the fifth shade ‘Ember’ which is a lovely shimmery pink. I place this in the crease of my eye to add definition. You could leave the look at this or you could really go to town with the shades and add anything else you wanted to your eyes.
4. Now it’s time for my least favourite part…mascara! I say this is my least favourite part as I’m always worried encase it goes wrong haha! (which happens a lot!) Firstly I use the ‘Maybelline Lash Sensational‘ mascara on my bottom lashes priced at £7.99 then I go in on my top lashes with the ‘Mini Benefit They’re Real‘ mascara. This mascara has been my favourite mascara I have ever owned! Despite the mixed reviews on this, I find it amazing!! (I will be doing a full review on this soon so stay tuned for that!) This is priced at £9.95
5. Obviously you can’t forget your brows so I have been using this ‘MUA Brow Palette‘ in the shade ‘fair-mid.’ This is priced at £3.50. Although I wouldn’t give this a 10/10 it works fine if you’re on a budget! I am definitely going to try Benefit ‘Brow Zings’ soon! I am also starting to hit pan on the shade I use most as you can probably tell so I think that’s a good excuse for more makeup…ok just me then!
6. I then add a touch of this ‘Sleek Blush‘ in the shade ‘Rose Gold’ to my cheeks to give them a bit of colour and glow! This is priced at £4.99
7. Finally to complete the look I take my ‘Mac Lip Glass‘ in the shade ‘Deep Pink’ which is a lovely coral colour for Spring! This is priced at £17.50
As this was a combined post, for the second half of the post I am going to be adding up all the products I have mentioned and seeing how much my face is really worth!…
So the grand total is= £89.7
Let me know what you think of this!? I am quite surprised as this was mainly drugstore and it has still turned out to be quite expensive! It is really interesting to know! I challenge everyone to do this tag as I found it very fun to do!
This is also a collab with my good friend Glasha so if you would like to check out her post we collabed on click here.
Thank you ever so much for reading as always and I’ll see you in my next post!